Friday, January 13, 2012

It's... 2012!! :D

Happy Belated New Year, Everyone!
Sorry I have been very inactive since December, but it was all due to a wonderful thing called Xmas holidays, and that evolved me traveling from one province to another and having a hell of a time at home.
I have to say, my christmas was wonderful. It was great to see family after nearly five months apart. I was able to relax and do things I love other than drawing; hanging out with family, friends, my sisters, go horseback riding, see a plethora of films, eat chocolate and just do nothing for a change.
But, I am back on the mainland now, and things are already kicking into high gear.

I feel like I have a new drive since I've been back. I don't know what it is exactly, just I am so inspired, so I thought I would share!
We are working on a great project in layout that involves scale and proportion. I am loving it!
I have decided on what I want to create and am now in the research faze and the stuff that is seeping from the pencil is making me very happy. I haven't been this pleased with my work for some time.

First, my thumbnails. These were done in class, and I was a bit rusty at first but once one idea appeared it got easier.

With the thumbs, I got to the one with the lizard/dinosaur and loved it, and after seeing what my prof suggested (in the blue) I edited the thumb (seen below) to a better angle at his suggestion.


This is the thumbnail that I came up with, and I liked the concept, so I decided to go for it.
I plan on working the angles a bit, but I wanted to have some fun with it, so I decided I really wanted to know what this lizard looked like. I wanted to give this piece as much detail as I could.


The first concept was pretty simple. I tried coming up with something off my head and I just didn't like it, so I looked for some references from various reptiles, dinosaurs, dragon art, etc.


The research helped, and I came up with this.


Moral of the story:

I now love research. :3


More work to come, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment